Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Los Baños Flower and Garden Show - Oct. 5 - 14, 2012



"Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul." - Luther Burbank
flower and garden show


I saw an advertisement of the Los Baños Flower and Garden Show on Laguna Libre ( a local advertising magazine in Laguna ). I always wanted to see that event, so the following day, I traveled to UP Los Baños where the flowers and garden are on display. I arrived at the exhibit around 10:00 am and paid an entrance fee of P 20.00 only. At the central hall, native handicrafts, farm products and journals are put up for sale.
I also spot a few artworks but, don't know if they are for sale.

The theme for this show is Asian inspired gardens. This is an annual event held twice a year, usually during Summer and October. It is organized by the Los Baños Horticulture Society (LBHS), Inc. with the participation of DTI-Laguna, local landscape artists and plant suppliers.


A banner was placed at the frontage of the venue.
The participating plant suppliers were given an area to set up stores and sell varieties of flowering plants. Landscape booths that surrounds the central hall gives me a feeling that I am on tour to different Asian countries.  I see everyone who entered the venue are busy taking pictures and buying plants for their garden. Some of them haggle the plant vendors for a good deal. I enjoyed my visit and was amazed of the plentiful and colorful flowers that i saw.


























"Gardening is how I relax. It's another form of creating and playing with colors." - Oscar de la Renta










1 comment:

  1. wow! great, i really love the places and events that you have post...i really enjoy scrolling on every picture that u have post this past few days. hope you may have more to come...i will wait for that. thanks for the blog.



    -marie

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews